Monday, November 7, 2011

My Cat is on Daylight Savings Time (or Maybe They're Smarter Than We Think)

My cats get fed twice a day.  They know when breakfast happens because they get fed when I get up, which is usually around 8:00am.  Sometimes they help wake me up with a paw in the face or a leap onto my stomach, but it's normally around the same time every day.  Dinner is a different matter.  I always fed them at 6:00pm when I was working because that was the time I usually got home.  They knew it was dinner time when I walked through the door.  Now that I am retired, I still try to stick with that 6:00 time because it's what they're used to.    

A funny thing happened yesterday when daylight savings time ended and the clocks were turned back.  My kitty Alexandra started running around the food bowl at 5:00pm...an hour early.  But this was actually 6:00pm daylight savings time.  So how does she know it's really 6:00pm?  I think my cat is actually telling time.   Smart kitty!  Now if I can just get her to turn all those battery clocks back it would sure save me some time.....

No comments: