Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Photos at the Reservoir

Today I took a trip to the Loch Raven Reservoir which is in Northern Baltimore County.   This is a reservoir that provides drinking water for the City of Baltimore and most of Baltimore County, Maryland.  The dam was constructed in 1914 to increase the municipal water supply.  When it was built, an entire town was submerged under it. 


It's a great recreational area with lots of hiking paths and picnic tables.   When I was a kid, we would ride our bikes there and feed the fish.  They had huge carp in the reservoir back then.  You also were able to walk right out to the ledge by the water, but that's closed off now.  Probably a few people fell in over the years.



On the way there, I stopped at a country store and bought a banana nut muffin for lunch.  When I got to the dam I gave some of it to the gulls and the geese.  This gull was upset because he didn't get any.  Then a goose stuck his beak in the bag, which I had left on the ground, and he got the wrapper.  I had to chase him to get the wrapper back.   It was a pretty day, felt like Indian summer and I had a great time taking photos and feeding the birds.




No comments: