Sunday, October 21, 2012

Does Three CN Crafts Still Live?

It's been three years since I sold on eBay as Three CN Crafts.  This was once my all-consuming hobby (before photography) and I did pretty well as a seller.  I started doing paint and fabric crafts in 1992 and eventually branched out to almost exclusively silk flowers, wreaths especially.  Sold a tremendous amount of stuff at work, some local consignment shops and craft shows.  Sometimes I don't know how I did this working full-time but somehow I did it anyway. 

After selling my own handmade stuff on eBay for a while, I started selling a lot of "shabby chic" decorating items.  Around 2006, pink was a hot seller and I sold tons of pink items - sheets, towels, plates, teapots, you name it.  This is where I also first got the photography bug as I learned how to stage little "vignettes" to showcase my items with my trusty Olympus P&S.  I also became interested in html, working and re-working my purchased templates.

Around late 2008 it started costing me too much to sell on eBay because people had stopped buying due to the economy.  I still have a huge amount of silk flowers, paints, fabrics, plus shipping boxes, bubble wrap and tape.  Today I decided to look up my favorite sellers list on eBay, which I haven't even looked at for about two years and almost everyone has nothing for sale.  Probably have all gone to Etsy or like me, gave it up.  Although I did find one seller and she is still going at it.  Put a little spark in my brain!

I'm still registered with the State as a business.  Could it possibly happen?  I'm going to look more into this, my interest is piqued!

Pink Teapot - I sold on eBay in 2007 - Like my staged photo?

No comments: