Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Conundrum of Being Retired

When I first retired last year, I had these great ideas that my house would always be clean, all projects would be done and the towels would always be folded.  I used to take off work early sometimes to clean the house because I hated when things weren't done.  So why is it now that I have lots of time to do these things they aren't done?  I no longer feel the need to fold clothes, dust furniture or wash dishes just because those are the jobs that are waiting for me.  It seems now I am more interested in editing photos or catching up on my favorite TV shows.  On one hand, I feel like I should be doing housework and on the other, I think - what the heck I can do it tomorrow.  Ah, the life of the retired.  Do I really care?  I don't know.  Maybe I do, I need to get off of the computer and go clean the bathroom.

No comments: